Monday, April 27, 2015

A Productive Day.

Okay, so, somehow in the past year or two, my skin has decided that it no longer appreciates what I do for it. It has given me hell almost every day, no matter what I try. This is pretty impressive, since I managed to get through a high-stress, super-dry deployment with minor issues--once I discovered daily moisturizer. Over the past year I have also discovered toner, charcoal, and facials. I've been going to the same spa pretty much since I started acting like a girl... but my usual gal is out for medical reasons for a while. Bless her heart, I love her to death, but it turns out Ms. A is actually way better for my skin anyways! After cleaning me up a couple weeks ago, she gave me some specific recipes and tips for my skin. I finally got around to making the toner she recommends, which is less drying and probably more protective than what I have been using [although I did love it, too]. It made my skin feel &*^#$A(#$ fantastic. Highly recommend.
 
The other project I finished today [which I had been only mildly putting off], was transplanting the start of my windowsill herb garden. I found the planter at Big Lots [my god, I love that store]. I had to leave a spot for the Rosemary, which wasn't quite ready yet. And actually, I might sub the Rosemary for a different herb, because I'm thinking it needs to be kept more dry than the others?
On the top shelf, I believe that is Cilantro, Dill, Thyme, Lavender, and the one that is growing well is actually catnip, but don't tell them that. I had to restart my Dill and Thyme, and accidentally doubled up on Cilantro. The planter below has Parsley, Sage, Oregano, and... um... Basil. The herbs I use pretty much all day every day. To the left you'll also see ThePlantThatWillNotDie, doing quite well this year [it's going to bloom!]. There's still a little room for Miss Maow to sit herself in the window, but I'll be damn glad when we give HellCat back to his dad, because he likes to eat my aloe.


No comments:

Post a Comment