Tuesday, January 19, 2016

What a Year!

Well ladies and gents, it's been over eight months since I last wrote here.
That's almost a baby.

So many things have changed in the past year. So much has happened. Not sure how much of it I want to make public knowledge, but whatevs. Here goes.

I finally retired out of the military! It was a long and hard fight with many tears, a letter to my Senator, and a trip to DC to appeal a three officer board... I may have lost a couple battles, but in the end I won the war. I was awarded a VA disability stipend and health care. I mean, the VA sucks but at least I have somewhere to go.

During my last few months in the military, I was able to start attending my local community college to work on a BSEE. I learned that I suck at Chemistry! I also have to work at Math. This is all new to me, because when I was getting my "useless" fun degree, everything came easy to me. Between that and my health and some other situations, I have decided to take spring quarter off of school. I'll probably start up again in the fall, and/or transfer to a 4 year program if/when we move--although that probably won't be this year.

My position in life has finally afforded me the chance to do what I have always wanted to--freelance. I spent today applying to projects, so we'll see how that goes. But, having absolutely zero structure and absolutely 100% freedom in life is actually a huge struggle for me. I have so much I want to do, and so much available to do, and boy it's overwhelming. For example, I have two baby blankets for friends due in March, I have an entire album of photos to edit from old family photos, I have other artistic photos to edit, I have ungodly amounts of piles of paper to file, I want to do yoga, study math, walk the pooch, clean the house, explore my spirituality and metaphysical brain/spirit stuff, etc etc etc. But. Here's a teaser pic from one of my projects.


That is my granddad with a literal monkey on his back. Ha. Ha....... he'd appreciate the joke, trust me.

This has been a year for new starts. I hate resolutions--I don't believe in them, not really. But. So far this year I've made a lot of goals for myself. Maintaining this blog is one more goal I'd like to put on my plate. I can't always guarantee it will be super interesting, but I can guarantee that it will be unique, diverse, and... I don't know. Stuff. [this is what happens when my brain starts clicking off]. Time to go eat homemade turkey-crock-chilli and do some mindless photo editing so I can feel accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment