Friday, May 30, 2014

I can do All the Things!...

...I just have to not have a job, is all.

I started my stay-cation Wednesday night, and have been doing more or less whatever I want, when ever I want. Yesterday, that amounted to painting my fingernails all glittery, painting some stuff, reorganizing the music on my external drive, making cocoa krispy treats, visiting a house we want to rent, and finally mustering the energy and attention span to pull through on the Shepherd's Pie I've been promising for months. And somehow I still felt lazy.



Part of that feeling was me rebelliously procrastinating, and part of it I attribute to medications. After another argument with doc ending in tears, I ended up with new medication. I should have followed the transition plan a little better, but I was so frustrated that I basically stopped taking the gabapentin and Efexxor to semi-detox my system, but it left me feeling like crap yesterday. Begrudgingly, I started the Cymbalta yesterday. I get to the point where I feel like the meds aren't helping the chronic pain and fatigue, but if I stop taking them, I feel even worse, like I have the Black Death. So far I can say I feel much more 'normal' on the Cymbalta, however, the nerve pain in my hand and feet shows up more easily.


Anyways. Point was, I felt lazy yesterday [and enjoyed every second of it that I didn't feel like I was about to pass out]. But today I got a random bee in my bonnet and did even more things. I started by undoing the destruction I had released on the kitchen. After that, I attacked the living room, and even put away about half the things cluttering up my desk. Not that I use my desk, mind you, but the clutter drives me nuts. I can never seem to take care of it because all I really do is work and sleep--hence why I asked for some time off. I took my time cleaning up and let the ADD have it's way with me: tidy this, paint some stuff, tidy that, find a photo to hang, put away clothes, feed the fish... something like that. I packed up the cardboard and took it to the dump, stopped by Goodwill for some job-interview-pants, got lost in Michael's for a while, and finished my outing with a trip to Wally World. Picked up some Sonic for late lunch, put new sheets on the bed, dyed my hair, and painted more. I'm having a blast, and I can't wait til I can do this for more than five days. I know I'll get bored with that eventually and want to work again, but... worth it.






Last but not least, obligatory kitten cuteness. Lots of fetch was played, and many lasers were chased.


PS. Almost forgot that I am also a secret nerd and SO excited for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment