Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I Knitted!!

After a couple failed attempts, I can finally officially say I knitted! I didn’t knit something, but I knitted. After one whole row, I could no longer feel my right hand. Two rows took me around an hour! I gave up when I started trying to learn how to purl. I also screwed something up at that point and just frogged the couple rows I had. I don’t think Lily is really a great yarn to knit with, it likes to undo itself too much. I might just -might- try that iPad cozy.

 

My right hand is always the one that acts out. I’ve had it go tingly and then numb while crocheting too, but never that fast. Usually it has something to do with the way I’m positioned or the angles I hold things at while I work. Sometimes it also happens when I do mechanical stuff, like taking screws out or using power tools. Not sure what or why, but it could be genetic carpal tunnels. I was hoping not, seems like everything that runs in my family I get earlier than my parents do. Carpal tunnels, the knee issues… and as I’ve told hubs before, “you know, I may start randomly having seizures when I turn 30.” We’ll see I guess. I’ve always been a bit of a hypochondriac.

 

In other, very sad news, my lil’ old doggie has passed. I don’t want to get too into it because I might start crying again, and I cried off and on all day yesterday, and I just don’t want to any more. I looked so bad my boss thought I was getting sick. I guess she passed on just right about when we left WA, which is both sweet and ironic. I have a lot of guilt about that lil dog, and I miss her a lot. I don’t think I always did right by her in the past few years, but I know she was well loved and very spoiled in Reno & Susanville. Hubs and I have discussed adopting a military veteran dog next instead of getting a puppy—“Son, this dog has seen more combat time than you have, he’s got more medals than you do, now you salute this dog, sailor, and damn it, SCOOP HIS POOP!”

 

But that is a ways down the line. Until I get home and we get a yard, at the very least.

No comments:

Post a Comment