Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Knot Just for Knitters


Badum-CHhhhhhh
Sorry, I love bad puns. 
That would actually be a good group or book name, something kitschy. 
I'm good at kitsch.That being said...

I am SO proud of these!

  


I'd always been under the impression that you could only cable with knitting. And therefore, a small part of me was always jealous of knitters. Until!... I found a rough guide for cable-stitch squares at the Lion Brand site. I put it off for a long time because I was afraid it would be too tough. Honest truth is, it works up faster than just about anything else I've done lately. The teensy downside is you have to actually be able to see to count the stitches, so it's not 100% mindless, but close. It's not an exact cable, as you can see, but it's way more interesting than your standard every-day square.


I liked it so much, in fact, that I tried again with some variegated yarn that was sitting in my "random crap for blanket" pile. I love variegated yarn. Like, no joke. Don't ask me how to pronounce it, but if it's multicolor, I am most likely going "eeeeeee!!" on the inside. I love seeing how stitches versus colors play out. The best part about this set of squares is how the backstitch colors are the same in each row--I couldn't have made that happen if I had actually tried! So far most of the squares have followed that same trend to some extent.

No comments:

Post a Comment