Friday, June 15, 2012

Shopping Win

First of all, picked up this beaut' off of Craigslist for $15! Got what I paid for though as it's not in the best condition. I think one day I might like to refinish it. It's a little rough around the edges and a little musty. I originally wanted it for yarn storage, but turns out it's actually way too big for that--about mid-thigh on me. ...Or maybe the chest is the perfect size and I just need more yarn.

Now, here's where it gets really good--as if a vintagey steamer trunk wasn't good enough. I picked up a simple double LP frame for hubby's Storm Corrosion vinyl [not pictured], as well as the small square frame for the insert autographed by Steve Wilson and Mikael Ã…kerfeldt. I need to re-mount this one, he just wanted to get it in the frame to be safe and sound and no longer in a tube.

Now, I can't go to Michael's without at least looking at the yarn, usually longingly. But lo and behold, on this particular day, Lily was on sale! 5 for $5! I also found a really neat generic one that you can barely see, and some "yarn bras." Looking forward to putting those to use, I hate floppy messy yarn. All said and done, I spent less at Michael's than I did at Guitar Center.


No comments:

Post a Comment