Friday, June 8, 2012

Introduction of Sorts

Today I made a blog. Yay me! I still always think about whoever it was that made the joke, "blog, ugh, sounds like something your dog throws up on the carpet..."

So, the other day, I accidentally watched some Martha Stewart show at work. Then I decided, "you know, if I were to ever join roller derby, I think my derby name would be Mosha Stewart." Hence, blog. Also, if you fail to catch the references in the title, I will educate you. It's a halfway point between the song "21st Century Digital Boy" by Bad Religion and that old film Renaissance Man. I think that term should seriously be resurrected, what with the the recent popularity of sites like Pinterest and Cut Out & Keep. There's certainly a bit of a homemaker's revival going on these days. Although I'm not 100% gung ho on it [I leave the canning and jamming and etc. to my hippie friend Irene], I do fancy myself a bit of a jack-of-all-trades. At least, the womanly and scholarly trades.

That being said, despite my strong traditionalist streak, I do kind of oppose standard gender roles as defined by society. I'm active duty military [shush] and don't have as much time as I'd like for hobbies, but when I do them I do them pretty well. I also have no qualms about getting my hands dirty and throwing down with the boys or carrying my own amp on stage in heels and pounding 40s of PBR during solos. Also, zombies.

Moral of the Story? I have lots of hobbies and I am egotistically proud of all of them. I needed an outlet to share my pride. This blog will follow my gardening, yarn, and culinary adventures, a hairball or two for good measure, and potential big gaps due to deployments. Rather than inundate the masses with extensive exposition, you can pick it up as you go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment